Thursday 3 February 2011

Atlantia: teaming up with Cheat Master

Recently, Atlantia has gone through some game design changes. I have been thinking about what I want the game to be. I have come to the conclusion that, taking place in the underwater city of Atlantia, I should make a more tranquile game. Less focus on action, more on setting.

I want Atlantia to be a game about discovering this mystical city. About being alone, being lonely. Darkness, being trapped in a lost city. Hope. Ancient gods, long lost treasures.

That being said, I want to make a game with less emphasis on actual action, and more on telling a beautiful story in an awe-inspiring enviroment. As my graphic skills are less than inadequate, I was chuffed to bits when Cheat Master agreed to team up with me.

He will be doing the entire graphic side of the game. We have shallowly discussed my plans for the game (as far as I have any), but I'm sure we'll work on creating a stunning setting together.

2 comments:

  1. Uh-oh, that's some competition. Maybe I should continue working on CotD instead of browsing through forums and blogs ._.

    Anyway, I am interested in the result :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muhaha! You are going daowwwn!

    Right. Well, to be honest, I should be spending a lot more time on it as well. But Cheat Master just finished a sketch that shows me that upscaling the player size would work; so I'll be working on that this week.

    Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete